Security guards do not need to carry arms to meet the safety needs at most facilities. Training and getting permits for security guards to carry a weapon is expensive. If you manage a building in the Denver area and you are considering whether to use armed guards or unarmed guards, consider the following three questions.
- Is your facility in a location with rampant violent crime and burglaries?
- Does your facility typically have large amounts of cash, jewels or pharmaceuticals?
- Does your facility house top secret or sensitive information?
If you answered no to all three questions, unarmed security is a very practical security solution.
What Does Unarmed Security Do?
Unarmed security has four main purposes:
- Deter property crimes such as theft and vandalism. Thieves and vandals don’t like a challenge. They rarely target places with a visible, uniformed security guard.
- Provide peace of mind. Everyone feels better knowing that someone is watching out for their safety. Help employees work harder and empower customers to buy more in a relaxed and secure environment.
- Maintain facility emergency preparation. A security guard checks the alarm system, creates loss prevention plans and aids in evacuation procedures.
- Respond immediately to any incident. A quick response is critical in medical emergencies, fires and security breaches. It can mean the difference between life and death in some instances.
Twin City Security in Denver Offers Different Levels of Unarmed Security Guards
TCS-Denver classifies unarmed guards as a Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 security guard. A Level 1 security guard is also called a watchman. Denver facilities that often opt for a watchman include:
A Level 2 security guard is also called a public relations officer. Denver facilities that often opt for a public relations officer include:
A Level 3 security guard is also called an advanced officer. While most advanced officers are unarmed, we also offer armed advanced officers. This level is suitable for:
Twin City Security Offers Customized Solutions
While this information is only a quick guide to understand your basic unarmed security options, Twin City Security offers guidance to address your specific security needs so that you make an informed decision. Each facility presents different security risks requiring customized security solutions for each client.
Budgeting for Security
Security is an expense, but not having security is a mistake few businesses can afford. Many insurance policies require on-site security solutions and may even give discounts to businesses that have it.
Unarmed security guards are a great value for most businesses in Denver. Contracting with a private security company saves facility managers time and is often less expensive than managing your own team of security guards.